Two colonial-era farm houses, dating from 1766 and 1791, are in daily use and add historic interest to the 43 acre campus. The Jonathan Good House as the Yellowwood Inn, Pine Run’s bed and breakfast for visitors, and the Callendar-Hines House serves as administrative offices.
Pine Run first opened in 1976, among the first retirement communities built and the only one with a full-service, 200 bed regional health center devoted to senior care. The community attracted recently retired seniors and the health center immediately became a key health care component for hundreds of families in Bucks and Montgomery counties.
Doylestown Hospital purchased Pine Run Community in 1992, adding specialized senior care to its community-based healthcare system. In 1998 Doylestown Hospital purchased a personal care facility in Doylestown which became Pine Run Lakeview.
The tradition of growth and enhancement to health services continues at Pine Run. Generations of area families have always turned and returned to Pine Run for good reasons; a warm sense of community, quality care, meaningful volunteer opportunities and employment.