DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (July 2019) – Pine Run Retirement Community, one of Bucks County’s leading senior living and senior care providers, recently recognized numerous Associates for the excellence and dedication they devote to their work every day.
Executive Director Maria Santangelo said, “Our Associates are the heart and soul of the Pine Run community. To paraphrase Fred Rogers, ‘As human beings, our job in life is to help people realize how rare and valuable each one of us really is, that each of us has something that no one else has—or ever will have—something inside that is unique to all time. It’s our job to encourage each other to discover that uniqueness and to provide ways of developing its expression’. Pine Run’s Associate Appreciation Day is an annual celebration of the uniqueness each of our Associates brings to Pine Run Retirement Community every day.”
Santangelo and her Senior Leadership Team presented several awards, including the 5-Star Award, Angel Awards, and Achievement Awards, to numerous Associates during the organization’s annual Associate Appreciation Day, held this year on June 28.
The 5-Star Award was presented to IT Associate Lawrence McGlynn for exemplifying Pine Run’s “Make their Day!” philosophy. Leaders said McGlynn “always raises the bar” when it comes to helping Pine Run Retirement Community residents with their cable, phone and other technology-related needs. He also volunteers on several committees to plan and organize projects and events, including the annual Associate Appreciation Day festivities.
Pine Run Retirement Community leaders also presented numerous Associates with the organization’s Angel Award, which recognizes those who exhibit exceptional customer service and teamwork. Pine Run Retirement Community Associates who received the Angel Award include:
- Wendy Stubb, Garden Administration Life Enrichment Associate
- Anita Brooks, Companion Services Manager Special Care & Companion Services
- Susan Barger, Financial Services Controller
- Cheryl Kline, Education Director of Education
- Kareem Watkins, Security EMT/Security Officer
- Virginia Gruver, Transportation CDL Driver
- Ralph Mazza, Grounds Grounds Associate
- Timothy Hayes, Transportation Lead CDL Driver
- Raymond Weston, Garden Resident Care Certified Nursing Assistant
- Kimberly Berry, Garden Resident Care Certified Nursing Assistant
- Irish Lizette Wagner, Garden Resident Care Certified Nursing Assistant
- Judit Bognar, Garden Resident Care Certified Nursing Assistant, Team Leader
- Karen Gill, SNF Certified Nursing Assistant
- Cynthia Lynch, Financial Services Senior Accountant
- Kevin Kelly, Plant Ops-IL Maintenance Mechanic 2
- Emily Reinert, Garden Administration Director of Life Enrichment
- Daniel Neagley, Human Resources HR Generalist
Lakeview Associates who received the Angel Award include:
- Tracy Brown, Resident Care Lakeview Director Resident Care
- Reina Tuci, Administration Lakeview Concierge
- Eric Fillius, Plant Ops. Lakeview Maintenance Mechanic 2
Achievement Awards were presented to 22 Associates who graduated high school this year and 12 Associates who graduated from college or received professional certifications.
Founded in 1976 and owned by Doylestown Health since 1992, Pine Run Retirement Community has been a staple of the local community for 43 years. In addition to its senior services, Pine Run Retirement Community offers dementia education programs and community wellness seminars hosted by Doylestown Health and Pine Run Retirement Community’s trusted rehabilitation professionals. It offers more than 400 group activities each year for independent living residents, and puts on an annual Art Show and Fall Festival. This year’s Fall Festival will be held on Oct. 5 during grand opening festivities of the Hub, Pine Run’s new dining, activity and community center.
About Pine Run: Pine Run Retirement Community in Doylestown, Pennsylvania is one of Bucks County’s leading senior living and senior care providers with 272 independent living cottages and 24 apartments situated on a beautiful 43-acre private campus. The campus is home to Pine Run Health Center which offers rehabilitation services and 90 skilled nursing beds; The Garden, a 40-bed, secure dementia neighborhood on the top floor of the Health Center; and The Willows, an intimate setting for end-of-life care, including palliative, comfort and hospice services. Pine Run Lakeview is a 107-bed personal care residence owned and operated by Pine Run Retirement Community and located on Lower State Road in Doylestown. Generations of families have turned to Pine Run for the certainty of comforts and services in the bonus years. Call 800.992.8992 to learn more about independent living, personal care, or skilled nursing and rehabilitation programs or search www.pinerun.org.